This morning we restructured the first section since one of the chapters was not complete until late last night and had not been reviewed. This introduced some structural issues that we are discussing. To do this we printed out the first section, read it, and then discussed the structure, marking up agreed changes on the paper.
We did the same for section two and then collapsed the first two sections into one. Lastly we did mechanical clean up fo all the chapters checking for:
- headings: making sure they are all good titles and all formatted correctly & remove any nested headings
- links: remove any links and replace with full text
- footnotes: format and check
- images: ensure all are in the repository
- format check: make sure all HTML (source) is sane and clean
Lastly we added a final chapter about how the book was made.
We finished the day around 20:00 with with 32,000 words. We were down to half the original team since not all participants could stay for the last day so it was hard work for the very tired remaining 3. However they did an outstanding job. We will release the book on Monday in electronic form and then later in the week as a print version.